WORDPRESS HTTPS CONVERSION
What is HTTPS and why do I need an SSL certificate?
Your website likely collects customer data including contact information, billing and/or shipping addresses or credit cards. An SSL certificate allows you to collect that information over a secure connection. An SSL certificate is issued by a licensing authority and it’s periodically renewed.
HTTP has been the normal way that people access websites.
HTTPS is a secure connection, data transferred between the web server and your computer is encrypted.
To enable HTTPS on your website, there are a number of steps and we can help with those changes.
Why your website needs HTTPS:
Beginning in July 2018 with the release of Chrome 68, Chrome will mark all HTTP sites as “not secure.”
What is involved in the conversion process:
There are a number of steps involved in converting a website to https:
- We will do a full back of your website, including the database and files, before making any changes.
- We will make all the necessary changes to the database to ensure it uses HTTPS by default.
- We will setup the necessary HTTP redirects so all traffic is sent to the new HTTPS address.
- We will thoroughly test your site to ensure each page and post passes with a green padlock. It will also be tested to make sure all the proper Security Headers are in place. We use a number of different testers to make sure everything is converted correctly.
- Ensure your robots.txt file or meta tag is not blocking the https site.
- We will update your Google Search Console and Google Analytics account to point to the new HTTPS address.
How much does it cost to convert a WordPress website from HTTP to HTTPS?
One-time fixed-fee for the setup work.
You may need to purchase an SSL certificate from your hosting company.
BUT IF YOU ACT NOW (BEFORE MARCH 1, 2018) YOU CAN GET THIS SPECIAL OFFER OF 25% THE REGULAR PRICE